Wednesday, May 31, 2017

What is it with some people and lying?

So, was looking at the reviews on Amazon.ca for Shadow and one just recently popped up accusing me of not only putting a rape scene in the beginning of the book, but also claiming that I wrote that it was justified 'because the woman deserved it'.

I just have one question:  WHAT BOOK WERE YOU READING?

Because you obviously weren't reading mine. Oh, I think I know what happened, after the first 'fight scene' where Shadow is (rightfully) pissed off at the woman who set him up to be killed, it looks like he's going to do something nasty to her.

And then he doesn't. He just embarrasses the hell out of her, and leaves. He doesn't rape her, he doesn't even hit her. Because like he said, he doesn't kill women or children, etc. Oh, he does do something that isn't very nice, because he's not exactly nice, but he DOESN'T RAPE ANYONE.

So, either they didn't read the book at all, and just wrote that review to be mean, or they read a little of it and were so 'triggered' by some nasty dialogue that they had to accuse me of writing a rape scene that doesn't exist and then they ran away screaming.


7 comments:

  1. Ignore the random hate! When's book 2?!?! Btw if you need beta readers let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still thinking about it. I'm not sure what book 2 would look like if I were to write more about Shadow. Originally I was thinking about writing a different story in a different setting. Then again, I was rather surprised by the response to the book.
      (and last I looked, Amazon had pulled the rape review).

      Delete
    2. I'm with Matthew on this. People gonna hate. I love this book an would love to read more about Shadow Cat. Or even stories set in the same universe as Shadow. Cats Rule!

      Delete
    3. Okay, I'm not sure when a sequel for Shadow will be written, mainly as when I originally wrote Shadow (which started out as a series of shorts about a character that I just found fascinating) I hadn't considered continuing it.
      Buuuut, with people asking for it, I am now thinking about it.

      However, I started another series last month, and it's going to be a series, with quite a few books in it (especially if it proves as popular as Shadow is).
      The first book in that is titled "Black Friday" and it will probably be on sale Sept. 8th.

      Delete
    4. I agree with the posters here we NEED more Shadow.
      Also just read your other book great start. Love your world setup.

      VW

      Delete
  2. Nice writing...book two please...how about basing it around Tomas' mysterious past?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, mister Stryvant why not write about Shadow's children who could have got super power and their relation with their brother and sister? I'm intrigued by what it could be. But hey I just enjoy the books, I'm not telling you what to do. And I don't understand, no rape scene in that story... that person must have been a prude or something.

    ReplyDelete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.