Monday, July 22, 2019

Just an Update

So on Friday the arm brace finally came off. It's rather nice to be able to type quickly again and not have to deal with the issues that the brace was causing me. Of course with my arm being able to move all over, it's sore a fair amount of time. I have exercises to due now and I'm not allowed to lift anything heavy (or do much of anything) with that arm until November.

Still, it's nice not wearing that huge brace or dealing with it anymore.

Work on book #16 has begun, I'm going to try and push hard the next few weeks to see if I can get it done sooner rather than later. I'm also not quite sure what I'll be taking on next once Valens is complete. I know a lot of folks want to see a follow on story set in the same universe, and I do have some plans for one. But I'm not sure if I want to do that immediately, or perhaps write something else first. Because I do have another story that's much more science fiction in mind. But I don't think it's going to run as long as Valens did. I'm coming up on the two year anniversary from when I first put pencil to paper for this series. While I have a series that I've been working on over a longer time frame (Portals of Infinity), it's not one that I've worked almost non-stop on, turning out book after book.

The Valens legacy will definitely make it to eighteen books, though I don't think it will go past that. I think once it's done I'll finish up a few currently open projects and then take a little time to think about what I should do next.

13 comments:

  1. Glad the brace is off! I love the Valens books, and wouldn't say no to another series in the same universe. But once this series is done, if I were to pick, I'd be excited to see something new... I suppose it's win-win for me either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll read anything you write, as long as it's not Portals of Infinity. Good series, but the orgy type open relationship during the missions is a BIG no-no from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment is hilarious given your username.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have plans to do a book in the VeilVerse universe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. I wasn't happy with the way the first part came out (it's about 1/3rd complete, which was when I got injured so it's been on the back burner). So I rewrote it, made some more notes, and need to rewrite it again so it's more the way I want it. No projected end date on it right now however, cause I'm a bit tied up with Valens right now.

      Delete
  5. 16 books in 2 years is astounding. Ready to read whatever comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think you will ever write more books for the Shadow universe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take your sci-fi books, thank you very much. Also, more Shadow Cat universe would be exceedingly welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Hyra turned away from the table where Carl and the President sat she asked Carl, "do you know if the lioness have the same power as the lions do?"
    "What power is that?" Carl asked
    "The power to give you babies, cubs, or pups."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been offline (except for really short periods) for a couple of weeks. Can't wait for the next Valens book to come out.

    Hopefully you will give the series a definate end point, but leave it "open-ended" so that you can continue it later if you decide to.

    I would love to see more in the "Shadow" universe as well as "Portals of Infinity".

    Hopefully your healing is still going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series will have a definite end point, and it's drawing near.
      It will definitely be left open for a follow on.

      There will definitely be more POI, and probably Shadow as well.

      Delete
  10. I'm growing anxious from all the waiting for the next one! Hope it comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.