Thursday, October 5, 2017

Allentown

I'll be in Allentown this weekend for a wedding. Flying into Philly and driving up (Joy! Pennsylvania toll roads!).

Because of that, the pre-orders for the next book, 'Over Our Heads' probably won't get set up on Amazon until I get back. The book is done, I just need to send it out to my beta readers and checkers and stuff. Probably do that tomorrow as I want to go over one last piece later tonight.

So, work on Book 4 will probably start tomorrow. Worked on the plot some today, listing all the important things I need to cover. Speaking of covers, I'll probably have that by Saturday.

But I'll be spending most of Saturday in a metal box, flying. Same for a lot of Monday. Flying really isn't all that much fun anymore. If the seats were at least big enough to type in I could get some work done, but I doubt they will be.

3 comments:

  1. Hi John, how do I become a Beta reader for you? rfneethling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always flew into Lehigh Valley when I worked Allentown. Yeah it usually means a connecting flight but not having to drive from the FAR side of Philly is worth it. If the airport was NORTH of Philly sure, I would drive. Now Reading? That one I drove, because it takes two connections to get there from where I was. Nonstop and they still sent my Luggage to the wrong airport. Props for United, they delivered it for US Air at Reading airport so I didn't have to drive to Philly to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drive up wasn't bad, maybe an hour. The drive back, was well, interesting. Because the remains of the hurricane hit while I was making the drive, so lots of wind and rain, and with all of the tractor trailers on the turnpike (and it's only 2-lanes! I thought turnpikes were supposed to be 3?) It made the drive a bit of an experience. I live in Oregon for years, so I don't have any issues with driving in downpours, but apparently a lot of people did.
      As for flying into Lehigh directly, well, I honestly didn't want to pay the extra bucks, and I was going to have to rent a car anyway.

      Delete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.