Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Yes, I updated the layout. AND made a website

So, I got tired of the issues with the layout I was using. It was always in 'preview' mode and would horribly distort any images I loaded up. Also I wanted to add links for books. And I wanted something with a link that I could click on to make updates.

So I went with the very old 'original' style for blogger. It may be old, it may be plain, but it does what I need it to do, and very easily as well.

I was also in the grip of waaaaay too much caffeine and chocolate, so I updated and linked to the webpage for me and my books. There may have been a little alcohol involved too, I should probably go back and read what I put there at some point.

I am also thinking of adding some notes about the stories to the webpage, why certain groups are called what they are, what their names mean, maybe a little background on some of the past events in the world. Mostly because I read a very funny 'bad' review where the guy writing it really went off the rails on a number of things in the story. And while I suspect he's probably the only one making these strange connections, I'm thinking that maybe I should put up a little history to clarify a few things.

See, I know the story and I know all the history. I've got a couple of files full of notes. As well as a few pages in a notebook. Over the course of the story I try to bring that stuff out, but not everything gets brought out, and honestly I don't always recall what's been mentioned, and what hasn't. Also a character's recalled views on something may be a bit skewed by their own involvement.

There really is a lot more going on in the story than was first hinted at in the opening book. And some of those things are going to start peeking out as time goes on. You learn a few things at the end of book two that you didn't realize, and the end of book three gives you a few more. That's part of why I may move to a 4 week release schedule here after a few more books, instead of the 3 week schedule I've been using. The story is getting more involved, and yes, the books are slowly getting longer as well. Right now book four is kicking my butt and I really need to get back to work on it, and stop avoiding it by posting here :-p

Thanks all!

9 comments:

  1. I for one like the webpage and the The Valens Legacy hopefully more people agree and keep the story going for another arc. Two questions: who does the covers for The Valens Legacy? Can we finally see what Roxy looks like not in were cheetah form.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dane over at ebooklaunch is my cover artist (I forget his last name at the moment) and I have been thinking about a cover with Roxy in her human form actually. I've also been thinking about having Sean appear in his Lion form as well.

      And it will be great if I can do the next arc, because there really is a much bigger world out there.

      Delete
    2. I thought you did the were cheetah form intentionally because you never described what roxy looks like in either book which I found interesting because Roxy could be any race with that name and Bill for her father may only narrow it down to black or white, maybe 3rd generation American Hispanic. But as much as I would like a concrete description/picture of Roxy I think it is cool that we put our own description on her.

      Delete
    3. You know, I thought I -had- given a brief description of Roxy at some point. I know what she looks like,I thought I gave a general description and hair color.
      But you're right on skin color, I'm pretty sure I didn't mention it.
      I like to try and allow people to assign that themselves, whenever possible. I want people to be able to put themselves into the story as much as possible.
      For example, what color / race was Sampson?
      It's never stated, because I want him to be what you the reader want him to be.

      Delete
    4. Yeh having Roxy and Sean in reversed forms one cover would be interesting :D

      Delete
  2. Dig the new site and the layout kicks ass on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! The 3rd book isn't even released yet and it is already in the 700's for sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 700? Wow.
      You guys are the best! I really appreciate it. All I want to do is keep writing stuff that all of you enjoy.

      Delete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.