Tuesday, June 25, 2019

A Quick Update

Book #15, Firestarter is almost done. I'm in the first rewrite and adding a bunch of things that I had put off until later. I'm hoping to have all of that done tomorrow, then it will be into the second rewrite after which I will send it off to my beta readers.

My editor is going to be going through a surgical procedure soon, so I'm not sure if this will be edited before it goes out. I don't really have the time to find a new editor if they are not available.

I'll also be in Chattanooga at LibertyCon from Thursday until Sunday. I'll have a laptop with me, so I can publish from there if everything is wrapped up by the month's end. We will see.

On the arm part, it's healing. I've got five and a half more weeks in the brace. I can type, for about an hour at a time before I need to take a brake, and that seems be be improving with time. Last week was just one of those weeks where a number of things that were highly unexpected happen (like my Subaru dying on the side of the highway and stranding us for three plus hours while we waited for a tow truck to come and get us - still no idea what's wrong with it, probably be a few months before I can tear into it with the arm and all).

This is definitely shaping up to be an interesting year! So much going on. Hopefully book #16 won't have such a long wait, and I need to write at least one more wives tales, possibly two.

Thanks for being there!

22 comments:

  1. Seriously, I'd rather have an expected long wait and know one of my favorite authors is recovering properly than have them rush and injure themselves again. So don't rush your recovery for our sakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I have bills to pay. If I don't keep writing, I don't keep selling, which means I don't make money.
      Plus it's gonna be 5 more weeks till the brace comes off, and four more months until I'm fully healed. I gotta do something or I'll go stir crazy.

      Delete
    2. Ok, I get that. Definitely don't need you starving or anything. Just don't make that 5 months turn into 15 because you overdid it, trust me it's FAR more expensive.

      Delete
  2. Varta said it much better than I could.

    If you stay healthy and continue to enjoy writing, you will probably still be putting out books once I am on the other side. I expect them to be available there also.

    Ed of Mesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is a existential construct brought about throughout gravity’ Natural interactions with the universe as such it does not exist in the meta-physical plane of existence you called the other side so all his work is already available there as is literally everything else mankind will ever create or has created

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see how the story continues... Will be buying as soon as you manage to publish... Love this series - hopefully the editor will be OK & available!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick question when it the next pack available for release on audible. Also best of luck healing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the packs have been merging two books together. Is it fair to assume that you will end valens legacy on an even number of books? or is it more likely that if you have to do an odd number of books the last pack would cover three instead of two?

      Delete
    2. birchoff - I have no idea. I'm not there yet.

      Delete
  5. Two things immediately popped into my head on reading that the title for the next book is Firestarter. The Drew Barrymore movie, and The Prodigy song. Im now off to poke around and try to find the movie streaming somewhere since I havent seen it since about 1990, and listening to The Prodigy for the first time in probably a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. By Friday works. I started rereading the series 2 days ago, halfway done with Vegas Rules. Should be done by Friday.

      Delete
  7. You mentioned another one of Seans gamer friends (Zack).
    Is he going to come into play later on or is he just a forgotten character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wondering the same thing.

      Delete
    2. Originally I actually had a story arc planned for Zack (Zack was based on one of my gaming friends from College - he played the original Kamikaze-Hobbit and was a complete hoot to play with - he left the group when he joined the Navy).

      Unfortunately, for story reasons, we never got back to Zack. I have continually thought about trying to find a way to bring him back into the story. In a part that was edited out (but which may end up in one of the 'wives tales' stories) it was mentioned that he found another game, because they had stopped playing. Not sure if that will be cannon though, still thinking about it.

      But yeah, I do think of Zack every so often. He may make a comeback yet.

      Delete
    3. you could bring him back for Johns Funeral, althought thats probably already written. Or at least come visit after he hears what happpend to John

      Delete
  8. Is there any difference beteen the Audiobookversion on Amazon and the one on Audible, because for me in Germany the two versions have differetn Prices, EUR 35,95 on Audible directly and EUR 31,46 on Amazon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There shouldn't be. Only one version was recorded.

      Delete
    2. When is Firestarter coming out in paperback? Loreanb5@msn.com

      Delete
    3. To Anonymous: I'll get to work on it today. So soon I hope.

      Delete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.