Saturday, October 5, 2019

Just a general update

Someone reminded me that I haven't made an update in a while. Yes, I definitely need to remember to do this, it is easy to forget at times!

Book #17 is in process, it's taking a bit longer than I expected, because of the scope of things that I'm trying to make sure I tie up. I'm thinking it'll be longer than the usual installment, but we'll see. It just is incredibly difficult to wrap up the things that need to be wrapped up. I actually ended up re-reading the entire series from start and taking notes, because there are always things that get missed when I'm working (I keep several background data files for reference already).

I also need to write a few short stories, there are some side things that really need to be addressed. So I'm busy. There's also a lot that's been going on with that legal matter I'm involved in, and that's been consuming some of my time and it's not anything I can talk about.

I went to the Air Races in Reno last month (I can't believe I forgot to put an update here). It was fun and it was nice to get away for a week. I really need to start taking more than just one week off a year. Just a bad habit I got into a number of years ago that I should break. Attendance was down this year, which was very surprising, as the last few years it's been climbing.

I've also been giving a lot of thought to what I'm going to work on next, perhaps at times too much thought, but it makes it clear to me that I need a break from writing Valens for a while. Will I come back to this series? Probably. I really don't see myself doing some sort of sequel to it, I just need to think on it for a while. If the interest is there (and I suspect it will be) I see no reason for not doing it.

My goal is to get #17 out by the end of this month. I will see if I can get some shorts out before it, but if I don't, they'll definitely come out after it. I don't know if it'll be the veilverse or POI 9 next, probably veilverse. That's already like halfway done.

And feel free to ping me if I haven't posted in a while. There's been a lot of distractions in the last month!

11 comments:

  1. You make a good point. A lot of authors in series novel take long breaks in between novels so as not to get series fatigue or writers block. I completely understand that, though as fan, I am going to miss the series once it ends. I really hope you do come back to the Valens Legacy world one day. Whether it be a spin-off or a sequel (like naruto next generations or star trek the next generations or star wars) Your stories are amazing and well thought out with its magic and the fantasy world in a modern setting (e.g. Sherlock or elementary or even avatar the last airbender). I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your character development to be of excellent quality. A different series would be great. {lease keep up the good writing and i hope this never becomes just work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see another Veilverse book. I recently did a reread of both books and I was hoping more would come soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I missed these - what are the titles?

      Delete
    2. Blaise Corvin wrote one, William D Arand wrote the other one.

      Delete
    3. the one William d arand wrote is Cultivating chaos, Blaise Corvin has Asgard Awakening

      Delete
  4. Any update on the next audiobook ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I'll ping them in a few days if I haven't heard anything.

      Delete
  5. Ooh I'm dying for another installment of the Portals of Infinity series...
    Please, pretty please!

    ReplyDelete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.