Friday, December 15, 2017

An Update on 'When it Falls'

Okay, I've fallen a bit behind schedule on this, which I guess is to be expected this time of year during the holiday season, and with distractions that literally came out of nowhere to deal with. Currently the book is 2/3rds done, I'd hoped to have the first draft finished today. Tomorrow I'm going up to the claim to do some high-banking (I need to get away for a while) and Sunday I'll be selling at a local small venue comiccon, (Off hwy 80 in Sacramento, it's in one of the hotels off the Madison exit on Date ave). I signed up for that about five months ago, and again, it'll be nice to get away for a little while.

So, with any luck the first draft should be done Wednesday. Once I get it turned around by my beta readers, it'll be published. Unfortunately I don't think it'll be up for sale by the 22nd, so I don't know if it will be up before or after Christmas. But it will be up for sale before the end of the month.

Oh! And for those who have been following along, the series is back up to six books. I don't think I can cover the remaining events in just the fifth book. Once this series is done, I'm going to take about a month off (to write a book that others are bugging me about), then if folks are still interested I'll write the follow on series.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Years, Happy Solstice and any other holidays I may have missed.

13 comments:

  1. I fully expect at least 20 more of these books. I need a full Dresden type arc sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I'd love to be able to do that! Trust me, if people want them, I will be more than happy to write them!

      Delete
  2. For those looking for the paperback of book #4, Sometimes it takes a while for Amazon to link the paperback to the ebook.
    This should link to it:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/198131184X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between you (both as Jan Stryvant and John Van Stry) and Honor Raconteur (Human Familiar and now Void Mage), I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life. I have just ruined my eyes going through the Infinite Portals series in two days, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next Valens Legacy book, When If Falls. I'm hooked. Once my eyes recover, I'll see about doing some reviews on Amazon. Meanwhile, keep writing, but enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series more than most I read. I tend to read between 10 and 15 books a month (retired Army and took speed reading classes, lol). I hate to see this end at 6 books but maybe you can point me in another direction to keep things going. Happy Holidays and great books.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the update and no worries I waited a (month?) from the last issue I think we can last a couple more weeks :) love the Valen series and am excited to read the next two. If I may be the first ask would you please, after your much needed time off of course, continue the series I would to see how sean and the girls are doing and or the kids. Thanks again your awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll read however many you want to write. I enjoy this series very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring on the books! I don't mind waiting for more hijinks with the crew. It's time for a family reunion and I think it's going to be one for the record books! Also as to the 20 or more...YES PLEASE!!!!! There's so many directions...more adventures with Sean and the girls, all of them becoming parents and having to deal with that, next generation stories, kids trying to explain at school why they have 5 moms and counting, the possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any chance for the update, please. I think my refresh button will break soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aiming to release on the 28th. Waiting on the cover, and my beta readers to go over it.

      Delete
  8. Very nice thank you, hope you are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got done re-reading the first 4 books (again). Hoping that the next one will be out soon (keep checking Amazon about every 4-6 hours).

    ReplyDelete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.