Sunday, May 5, 2019

Okay, he claims he's not that guy

So I got a nasty email tonight from the author wherein he claims that he is not the person who I dealt with last time. He then went and threatened to sue me if I don't take down my posts about the book and all that. Seems he thinks I told people to one-star him.

I never told anyone here to one-star him. Why? I don't want to get in a shit flinging contest with him over this. If you like the book, fine, you like the book. As I said before, if you want to read it, I don't care.

But there really isn't anything he can say that will make me believe that he didn't rip me off, idea-wise and plot-wise. Oh, I don't think I can sue him for what he did, I'm fairly certain he steered well clear of anything actionable. As for me, guess I'll be calling my lawyers in the morning and telling them I'm gonna be sued.

edit: I removed his name, not because I'm worried about being sued, he has no case. But because I don't want to drive ANY traffic to him.

10 comments:

  1. Okay. Lets analyse it.
    You never mentioned any name here.
    Not the pen name, not the real name, not the former pen name, or any name of the characters in the book.
    You just said that there is a guy that 'is taking stuff out of your story'.
    So how does he recognize that he is meant?
    That can only be when he has 'taken stuff out your story'.
    He would just incriminate himself with that argument.
    Also you never hinted that anybody should vote him down.
    Also you said "Go ahead and read it, I don't mind.", basically encouraging your reader to 'read his book also'.
    I don't see how this guy believes how he has any legal leg to stand on. (Except IF you have written about him in other blogs and forums.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does that name conjure images of a bad shave? I would imagine he has been either lurking here or another site to even know about the post. Why? Maybe to get more ideas for "his" next book? Kind of strange as pointed out by Ekuah. But that is my own opinion and doesn't reflect blah, blah blah and so forth, I don't want to get sued either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It's a little bit like mentioning into a group "Hmm it seems that somebody drank from my thermos." And then someone jumps up and declares loudly "I would NEVER drink from your coffee!!!"

      Delete
  3. I didn't one star this person but gave him a 2 because he shows potential as a writer, but even if he's not the same person Jan's mentioned, this person can't deny that Jan's concepts were first long before this author and the odds that this is a coincidence is highly unlikely.

    Star Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh you just mentioned here was the reason why you changed so he knew where to target but all in all he needs to just man up and like you and another person who reviewed him said make the content truly his

      Delete
  4. Ya im with everyone here except for one guy using initials he was never really named and even his good reviews names Jan as a reason to read you he sounds salty he was found out so fast. Now i read alot and i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on creativity but i think he stole from others but in this vast world it is hard to be original. Jans magic system most of the premise of valens J.Kings naming and i think a little of D.R.s magic memory system. But i did like the MCs stuggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Review im with you but even an "i enjoyed it" goes a long way i hear plus we want our autors more known so they can pop out more of their little worlds we enjoy. Right?

      Delete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.