Wednesday, March 6, 2019

It's the M2 System, -not- the M2 Browning.


"The M2 system was a variation on the XM1, replacing the .30-caliber M37C machine guns with 7.62×51mm NATO M60C machine guns. The mounts were similar to the XM1, also providing flexible elevation, with 650 rounds per gun stored externally"

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._helicopter_armament_subsystems#OH-13_Sioux_and_OH-23_Raven)

I picked the M2 system because I needed to find something that used that particular type of ammunition (with iron cores), which was only used during the Vietnam war. At the time it never occurred to me that people would confuse it with the M2 Browning Machine Gun. I should have known better.

8 comments:

  1. Seriously, this just shows your attention to detail is superlative and you meld a magnificent story withy as much realism as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I skipped over the System part too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this isnt something you need to worry about. A quick Google search and they would have found out about it :) Fun little detail to the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten a -lot- of email over it :-P
      Though one guy went and not only found the system but found the ammo it shot and then noticed the issue with the iron cores and sent me an email with a 'I see what you're doing!'
      That one was kinda cool.

      Delete
    2. Haha, hilarious, though I do understand that if someone knows just enough about it to question it they would. However, it's a thing that even if it's wrong it's still a urban fantasy story so it might just be correct in your universe. Really fun attention to detail though when it catches that many people in the trap of ignorance :p

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the mk 19 automatic Grenade Launchers would give them a bad day 40 grenades a minute sustained fire is so much fun. I got to fire them when I was in the army. If those with overlapping fields of fire don’t chew up a demon wave not much would. I’m was intel not working for an armory but I believe that they use steel or iron shrapnel due to the Geneva convention requirements that all intentional shrapnel based weapons have to use fragments that can be easily detected by x-ray devices. Otherwise you can’t have doctors find the shrapnel easily. That’s why they can’t use things like fiberglass that is hard to detect and can kill someone long after they heal if a piece missed later gets dislodged and punctures an organ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they would the Mark 19 gives absolutely anyone that is not behind the barrel a bad day lol

      Delete

No harassment, no attacks, please.
Also, no spammers.